Monday, February 13, 2012

Sky Track

















A proper bikesandbuildings photo taken this weekend at HK's slightly bonkers new $$$ recreational cycling facility. Where we had a race. And where, predictably enough, a guy crashed in front of me for no reason. Body fine, but back wheel wouldn't turn in the frame afterwards. My conviction that it's only worth buying second hand carbon wheels well and truly re-enforced, but I'm pretty p*ssed I'm on yet another eBay trawl for yet another carbon wheel spare (24 spoke rear campag compatible hub), having only just got myself sorted with a matching pair (my latest carbon wheel building is for another post). Still, first podium of the year no bad thing. More on:

http://www.colossi.cc/reports-2012

4 comments :

  1. That Skytrack thing is amazing. Crystal Palace in the clouds? Is it all elevated? Bendy, straight? It's sort of brilliant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha- well Crystal Palace in the clouds is a bit optimistic, but it is pretty cool. 1km long cycling loop built to encourage cycling, all set in a sort of park in deepest Kowloon where 'No Cycling' is of course enforced... It's roughly Oval shaped with some wiggles and about a 30m climb per lap. Sadly not enclosed in glass a la Crystal Palace, but enough of a barrier to stop you falling off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its brilliant. I have downloaded some of your snaps. I have spent the past two day in Denmark discussing a lot of profligate nonsense proposed by BIG architects. I counter proposed Po Kong as an example of something 'extra - ordinary'with purpose and actual users...we will see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normski and BIG eh? I'd like to see Bjarke Ingels do a video about Po Kong with his jazz hands- building the track around a bunch of skyscrapers. Just like that...

    ReplyDelete