Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lombok: A Secret Cyclist's Paradise






The above image should probably be enough to persuade you that Lombok would appear to be the undiscovered cyclists paradise in Asia. But, if not, then the below images should help. Think rollercoaster coastal hills, blue skies and an even bluer sea. More remarkable still is the virgin tarmac, lack of traffic and the excellent standard of accommodation (in house bakery being the highlight ;-)

















Oh, and yes, this was part of our honeymoon, and yes, I did take the bike. No, I didn't do as much riding as I'd like, but I'm hoping to return to explore further sooner rather than later. Though I might bring a cycloscross bike for the roads they haven't finished building yet- just in case. Catch this island before it becomes Bali.








No comments :

Post a Comment