Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Peak Sunrise vs. Sunset


















View Larger Map


We've had some extraordinarly clear days in HK this past week or so, and I wish I'd taken some nicer photos than the above with a proper camera. But, as the saying goes the best camera is the one in your pocket and I always carry my phone with me when I ride.

The top photo was taken this morning at sunrise, just after cresting the top of the Peak (Victoria Peak Garden) looking out South-West towards Lantau *yes, that is Lantau*. The other photo was taken just before sunset climbing the Peak looking out to the North-West over the other side of the hill. When you see the mentalness that is Central against the calmness of the sea and the islands in the top photo it makes the two photos look like they are taken several miles apart, but they're pretty close- just the view from different sides of the hill. Which is one of the things I love about living on Hong Kong island.

No comments :

Post a Comment